Another New Technique

Now I'm into doing dry embossing. I seem to find a new technique that I just have to try every so often.

Well, I found that these great embossing boards are finally available in the United States and so I had to get one! And then I had to make a card or two.

This first card is copied right out of the instruction book with very little variation on my part. But that's how I learn best and it really came out pretty well.

When this turned out so well, I decided to try another one. This time I tried not to follow the idea book quite so litterally. It's based on a card shown in the book, but I did a lot of things differently. But I'm proud of how it turned out, too.

I'm still doing the embroidery on paper and still love that, too. Perhaps my next card will combine the two techniques and we'll see what kind of fancy-dancy card I can come up with.

My Latest "Craze"

So here's my latest "craze". My sister was selling stuff on eBay and I saw this book she was getting rid of called "Embroidery on Paper". I thought that could be fun for my cards so bid and won the auction and have been having a great time with the process ever since. I love doing it, too. Here's my very first project, a Thank You card for some friends.

I couldn't stop there, so I made this birthday card for another friend. Both patterns were from this new book.

This was a little more complicated than I really enjoyed doing. But it's a learning process and I learned I don't like doing this much detail.

I was poking around on eBay (as I do frequently) and found a card that I fell in love with. So I went looking everywhere for a pattern - but couldn't find one! So I copied the photo of her card and printed it. I used tracing paper to get the hole placement correct. I transferred the pattern to my own paper and started stitching. I must say I'm kinda proud of it.

While searching the internet for more patterns, I came across a template for what you see below. The problem is that it's only sold in Australia and the UK. I could not find a shop that would ship to the US. So I printed out all the templates and sat down with dot paper in various DPIs until I figured out how to make this one happen. I already had the square flower punch, so just needed to get all the size ratios set up.

Anyway, I've just been stitching away and having a great time learning the process. So I thank my sister for needing to get rid of a craft book. And I thank my teachers for helping me learn how to figure out stuff like this! I must have paid attention in the right math classes at least!

How FUN!

Boy! Did I have fun this afternoon! We're sending a little Easter chocolate to our grandkids soon, so I decided to make them a card, too. As luck would have it, a pattern for this card came in to my email box just this morning. I couldn't wait to try making it.

Again, as luck would have it, we had some shopping to do at Wal-Mart where I found this great rick-rack. It was just perfect for this pattern. They had some in primary colors, too. I wanted to get that, but it's a bit pricey and decided not to get it -- at least not right now.

Another "plus" in making this card was that I could use up scraps that might otherwise just sit around and get old.

Here's a picture of the inside, too. I have tons of the acrylic peel-off stickers and finally found a cool use for these Easter ones. I just stuck them onto some white paper and used colored pencils to fill in the colors I wanted.

Now I'm anxious to send off the package and wish I could be there to watch when they open up the package and this card.

Copyright @ Crafty DJ | Floral Day theme designed by SimplyWP | Bloggerized by GirlyBlogger